Gregg has represented banks, credit unions, private lenders and borrowers in structuring, negotiating and consummating secured and unsecured loan transactions.
Businesses at all stages of development and operation, turn to Gregg as outside general counsel to assist them with corporate governance, employment issues, capitalization, raising venture capital, contract negotiation and other general legal matters. He represents clients both on the buy side and sell side in connection with purchases and sales of businesses, including mergers and acquisitions, asset sales and stock purchases. His clients include high net-worth individuals, corporations, general partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability companies and limited liability partnerships.
In addition to serving as counsel to numerous community banks, national banks, administrative agent/lenders in syndicated credit facilities and other private lenders throughout his career, Gregg has also served as inside general counsel to a major, publicly traded California-based bank. Through that experience, Gregg provides a unique insight for financial institutions in developing and maintaining systems and procedures to ensure their compliance with federal and California laws and related regulations.
Professional, Community And Pro Bono Involvement
- Corporations Committee Member, California Bar Association
- Member, Sutter Childrens Hospital Advisory Board
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Sacramento County Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Director, Sacramento Ballet
- Director, B Street Theatre
- Director, Center for Contemporary Art Sacramento
- Director, Leonard M. Friedman Bar Association
- Member, Association of Corporate Counsel of America
- Whittier Law Review, Executive Editor
- Represented major regional telecom company in stock sale to Earthlink Corp.
- Representation of a syndication of banks in a $75,000,000 loan to a company in the mining industry.
- Represented several top national and regional banks in structuring and documenting financing transactions ranging from $5 million to $500 million.
- Serve as outside general counsel to several small and medium sized businesses, including emerging growth companies, in areas on software development and distribution, healthcare and cloud computing.
- Represented large regional mezzanine fund in several debt placements of varying size throughout the Central Valley of California
- Represented several lenders in selling preferred equity to US Treasury in connection with TARP and SBLF programs.
- Represented prominent regional developers in commercial development projects and well as development of subdivisions.
I have always loved the arts, and when I relocated to Sacramento in 2008, made a personal commitment to get more involved with the local arts scene. Before becoming an attorney, I worked in the film and television industry and the arts have always been important to me. I am very active in the Crocker Art Museum, and have served on several arts-related boards, including the Sacramento Ballet, B Street Theatre and the Center for Contemporary Art Sacramento. Recently, I made a pledge to learn to play the guitar.